Today we have released HitmanPro version 3.7.3. One of the new features is the removal of child pornography that is dropped by the latest Urausy ransomware.
Urausy ransomware locks down the computer and displays images on screen to convince the user that child pornography was found. The images, displayed by the ransomware, are there to compel the victim to pay the 100 euro fine. In any case you should never pay the ransom.
Having child pornography on the computer is illegal. Therefore HitmanPro version 3.7.3 not only removes the ransomware, but also the child pornography files. HitmanPro harnesses its forensic file clustering feature to relate images to the ransomware. This way the images get deleted along with the ransomware. An example:
The easiest way to remove any kind of ransomware is using HitmanPro.Kickstart (link). HitmanPro version 3.7.3 offers an improved Kickstart Bootstrap loader that allows you to boot straight into your ransomed, but familiar Windows environment, bypassing any ransomware. There is no need to become familiar with the tools of other operating systems, like for instance Linux.
Besides killing ransomware, HitmanPro.Kickstart is also very useful for removing rogue antivirus malware. For example, Disk Antivirus Professional and AVASoft Antivirus Professional, both members of the Winwebsec malware family, prevent you to start any malware removal tools.
While HitmanPro already offers Force Breach to counter the attack on the HitmanPro process, you can now also use HitmanPro.Kickstart. Because new in version 3.7.3 is the addition of Kickstart hardening. This basically protects the HitmanPro application from being killed by external processes.
So if you boot your computer with HitmanPro.Kickstart, you can now easily kill rogue antiviruses as well.
HitmanPro 3.7.3 Changelog
- ADDED: Removal of child pornography images dropped by Urausy ransomware.
- ADDED: Detection of zero-day Urausy ransomware through forensic file clustering.
- ADDED: Kickstart hardening to protect HitmanPro processes from Winwebsec malware family.
Use Kickstart against Disk Antivirus Professional, AVASoft Antivirus Professional or other rogue antiviruses.
- IMPROVED: Forensic file clustering speed.
- IMPROVED: Reduced memory usage during forensic file clustering.
- IMPROVED: Processing of registry key values.
- FIXED: On some BIOSes, when booting with Kickstart, Windows loader would hang with either frozen screen or blinking cursor.
- UPDATED: Kickstart Bootstrap loader 2.1.
- UPDATED: Embedded white lists.