The main purpose of Hitman Pro 3.5.9 build 124 is the addition of the Cloud Assisted Miniport Hook Bypass feature.
“In the past weeks, we noticed an increase in highly advanced rootkits such as Mebroot, Sinowal and TDL4 who were trying to defeat detection by Hitman Pro” according to Mark Loman, CEO of SurfRight. “With this new release we are able to better detect and remove these sophisticated threats.”
The most important features in this new version are:
- Cloud Assisted Miniport Hook Bypass feature.
- Mebroot/Sinowal detection and removal.
- Removal of new variant of Trojan Vundo.
- Master Boot Record (MBR) protection when restoring infected MBR to counter rootkit watchdogs.
- Repair for BCD testsigning. Testsigning is a feature of 64-bit Windows that, when enabled, allows loading of non-signed drivers on 64-bit Windows. Testsigning is typically abused by 64-bit bootkits.
The full release notes and changelog of Hitman Pro 3.5.9 build 124 can be found on www.surfright.com/hitmanpro/whatsnew.
Existing users of Hitman Pro will automatically be updated to the latest version in the next few days.