After a few weeks of hard work we announce the release of Hitman Pro version 3.5.6.
The biggest change in this release is detection and removal of the latest variants of TDL3 Rootkit (aka Alureon or TDSS) which is currently the most prevalent Rootkit. Besides some dedicated removal tools, Hitman Pro 3.5.6 is currently the only Anti-Malware application that is able to remove all current TDL3 infections.
In this release we have also improved the removal of Trojans and Rootkits that are protected by a Kernel thread. These threads are serving as watchdog protecting a Rootkit’s vital hooks into the operating system. Hitman Pro now tries to knock out this watchdog before removing the actual infection.
We have also added detection and removal of advertising and adult related Tracking Cookies from Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. Removal of these Tracking Cookies is free and doesn’t require a license.
Finally we have added the Anti-Virus Ballot Screen which appears when the computer is not protected by an Anti-Virus program. The screen is offering products from our partners, bundled with a FREE Hitman Pro license!
- Latest TDL3 (aka Alureon) Rootkit detection and removal. Also works in Early Warning Scoring mode (ex. when the computer does not have an Internet connection to consult the Scan Cloud).
- Added a sticky TDL3 Rootkit detection message. This message appears when the hard disk stack contains a reference to a hidden driver, typical TDL3 behavior.
- Improved removal of Trojans and Rootkits that are protected by a Kernel thread.
- Added removal of adware and adult related Tracking Cookies in Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. Removal of these Tracking Cookies is free, does NOT require a license.
- Improved Internet connection detection. I.e., when the connection is ex. hijacked by a local proxy, Hitman Pro will now attempt to bypass it.
- Authenticode certificates are now handled on a separate thread.
- Improved handling of files that contain resources with specially crafted data to make Anti-Virus software crash.
- Small improvement in the hash classifier when performing a right-click scan.
- New Anti-Virus Ballot Screen which appears when the computer is not protected by an Anti-Virus program, or when the computer is using an AV program that is not compatible with the Windows Security Center. This screen does not appear when you purchased a Hitman Pro license.
- Return of the AV Scan Cloud vendor icons on the Welcome page.
- Improved the Intelligent removal of malware related remnants.
- Updated the French language strings.
- Updated graphics. More color and detail.
- Updated internal Whitelists.
- Several other minor improvements.
The 32-bit version is available now here. Users will be automatically updated to the newest version.